Carpet cleaning is a significant part of keeping your house healthy. Without proper cleaning at regular intervals, your carpets can trap dirt, dust, and a lot of bacteria. Although a quality carpet cleaning can be costly, there are some mistakes you can make that raise the cost even more. Here are the six common misconceptions that end up costing homeowners more money in the long run.
- Carpets only need to be cleaned when they are visibly dirty: The truth is, most surfaces in your home can need cleaning even if they don’t look dirty. Many dirt and dust particles are microscopic. You won’t be able to pick them out just by looking at something. If you wait until your carpets are visibly dirty to clean them, you could be living with unhealthy floors.
- You can get an accurate price quote over the phone: As much as it would save on time and money, there’s no way to accurately price any cleaning service over the phone. The only way to know what work needs to be done and how much time and money it’ll cost is to actually inspect the house. Getting a quote over the phone usually leads to extra fees and hidden costs when getting your carpet cleaned.
- All you need is the right tool for a good job: Anyone can go out and buy a carpet cleaner or steaming system, but the best ones require training to use properly. A carpet cleaning company can have all the right equipment, but your carpets won’t get properly cleaned without the proper training. Make sure you hire a trained and certified technician to clean your carpets.
- All carpet cleaning needs are the same: The tools and techniques needed to clean each carpet depend on a variety of factors. The type of carpet, the kind of damage or dirtiness, and the size of the carpeted area all play a part in determining how the carpet gets cleaned. A good carpet cleaning company will inspect the room before deciding how they’ll approach cleaning to make sure you get the best cleaning possible.
- A low price is a good price: We all want to save money, but the company that offers you the lowest price isn’t always the best. When it comes to keeping your house safe and healthy, you want to pay to make sure you’re getting quality service. An extra few bucks for the right company can mean the difference between a clean carpet and a not-so-clean one.
- Dirt and stains are all you need to worry about: Carpets can trap any kind of bacteria, pollen, fungus, and other allergens. If you have pets, keep your windows open, or experience floods and leaks, your carpets could be holding onto unseen threats.
Keeping your carpets clean keeps your house clean. If you want to get the best carpet cleaning you’ve ever had, call Cardinal Carpet and Air Duct Cleaner today at 314-501-6283 to schedule your free carpet cleaning consultation.